Monday, September 18, 2006

Bravo, Wolverines



Man. I thought I knew a lot about college football until this weekend. I can win 4-team parlays by betting on SWC and MAC teams, but apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to my arch-rival.

This game was over before it started, and Michigan dominated in every single aspect of the game. I was rooting for the Wolvernies for the sake of my beloved Big Ten, but I was hoping that there would at least be a facet of competition to the game so that I could be entertained (which I'm sure my counterpart did not experience). But there was nothing, it was done, and here's how the BCS is shaping up:

Brady Quinn = Done
Notre Dame = Done
Charlie Weis = NOT a genius

But now it's time to focus on real football, the Big Ten season. This weekend will be a huge test for all the Big Ten teams, because it's an entirely different game when you're playing in the Big Ten.

I don't want to rain on Michigan's parade, but I think Michigan still has a lot to prove. A friendly Michigan fan told me yesterday that Michigan's win over Notre Dame is far more impressive than Ohio State's win over Texas. We won't know about any of this until the end of the season.

Early lines for Saturday:

Penn State @ Ohio State (-17)
Wisconsin @ Michigan (-14)

Let's do this.

No comments: