Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Smoke Clears

But the landscape remains fuzzy.

I've been pretty much tapped-out since Saturday evening trying to think all this through. Ohio State is #1. Michigan is #2 . But for how long? And is a re-match a good idea? Is it Ohio State's just reward to put them in double-jeopardy? Or, having beat the clear #2 team in the country should they get a team they would be virtually guaranteed to pound en route to a gift-wrapped National Championship? (This refers mostly to Notre Dame).

Should USC, Arkansas or Florida get a shot if they win out, even though they have all lost to teams less able than the team Michigan lost to (on the road in the most hostile of environments by 3 freaking points)?

I'm hemming and hawing on the rematch idea, and/or who I like to play Ohio State if that can't or shouldn't happen.

Basically I can't think straight. That's how exhausting Saturday was.

But the good news is Switters and I are talking after nearly coming to blows over my inappropriate application of the term 'wind bag' late in the 4th quarter.

It was a crime of passion, but I said it in Switters house (where the party was BYOTV) and that was wrong. In return for my apology he has agreed to frame (rather than deposit) the $50 I owe him for Michigan's loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, for what its worth, it was a great game. And I'm respectfully sorry about your loss.

Switters and I were discussing the possibility of a rematch and we seem to disagree. I want one. Although I admit I'd be a little scared given how close the game was, I think it'd be fucking sweet to see again. But, like you said, exhausting.

Unknown said...

Put it this way: as a Texas fan, I think it's just as well that we lost to K-State. I don't want any part of a rematch with tOSU, and you shouldn't either.